Trip and the boys truly made me feel special on Mother's Day. From breakfast in bed, to my long afternoon nap, to my wonderful massage on Saturday, they really made this mommy feel so appreciated. Davis had been talking about it all week, and he was excited that 'I love Mommy Day' was finally here. He is catching on to holidays and special events more and more, so it's so neat to share in his fun. Trip made the biggest effort and really spoiled me. Sharing this parenting journey with him is such a blessing to me.
Having a blog can make it seem like all is perfect in stay at home land. It's easy to put up pretty pictures and tell what we have been up to. BUT...........Being a mom is hard. Days are very long and many times, I feel like I don't do the best job. I look forward to bedtime, but once they are finally asleep, I miss them. I am not patient all the time. I yell too much. Housework sometimes takes priority over playing on the floor with them. Somedays all I want to do is lock my door and play on the Ipad or sleep. My first born is very active, can be rough and aggressive, and doesn't always share and play nicely. Playdates are hard. Organized activities are hard too. We sometimes have to leave places early, often in tears. So many days, it's easier to stay home. Sometimes Trip is the only adult I talk to all day. Facebook makes me 'think' I am staying in touch with people. I miss my old friends and being silly with them. We have been in Auburn for 8 years, and it's still hard making friends. I miss teaching and my teacher friends. Staying at home can be lonely. How's all of that for a dose of honesty??
All of that to say.......I love my kids.The sweet times really do make up for the long days. I look at them and can't believe I have two beautiful, healthy boys. I am so thankful I had two great pregnancies and deliveries. I didn't struggle with infertility. We prayed for children, and God answered our prayers. Davis is so smart and blows us away with what he learns. Spence is the best baby and we fight over who gets to play with him every day. I am able to stay home, and so many would if they could. I know how blessed I am. Davis and Spence have been entrusted to me by God, and it's humbling/scary/exciting/difficult/hilarious/rewarding/amazing to be responsible for them. I am a mom and so very thankful.
1 day ago
1 comment:
Love this and love you:)
Post a Comment